Event Name: Data Science Bootcamp – Day 1
Date: Saturday, December 2, 2017
Location: Plug and Play Tech Center: 440 N Wolfe Rd, Sunnyvale, CA
Hosted by: TiE Silicon Valley
For college graduates or young professionals working in a technical field who are interested in exploring a career in data science, we are offering a two-day data science bootcamp.
Why Data Science?
There’s a reason why The Harvard Business Review calls it “the sexiest job of the 21st century”.
Data science is an interdisciplinary field about scientific methods, processes, and systems to extract knowledge or insights from data in various forms, either structured or unstructured. With the availability of huge amounts of data and various software tools and technologies, almost every industry needs a data scientist as there are lots of interesting use cases. As noted by Hal Varian, Google’s Chief Economist, “the ability to take data—to be able to understand it, to process it, to extract value from it, to visualize it, to communicate it—that’s going to be a hugely important skill in the next decades.” Both government and industry have indicated that there is a dire need for data scientists for new and emerging jobs.
What you will do:
• Explore current market needs
• Learn through lectures and hands-on training for DNN using Tensor flow
• Receive personalized training for job seekers to make you employment-ready and grow professionally
• Get mentored on emerging technologies such as using Python to develop deep learning models
• Computer Programming and Software Tools for Data Science: Python, Spark, SQL, NoSQL, etc.
• Statistical Tools & Techniques for Data Science: Statistical Inference, A/B Testing, Sampling, etc.
• Machine Learning: Supervised and Unsupervised Learning, SVM, Deep Learning, Tensor Flow
• Business Analytics – Data Wrangling, Analysis, Visualization and Decision Making
• Development Process: Design, Experiment, Deployment
By the end of the Bootcamp, you will know:
• Applications of data science in business
• The process of designing, implementing, and communicating the results of a data science project with appropriate stakeholders
• Various toolkits and related packages most commonly used in data science
• The landscape of data science tools and their applications, and how to identify and dig into new technologies and algorithms needed for the job at hand
• Fundamentals of data visualization
• About introductory exposure to modern big data tools and architecture, such as Spark – and when these tools are necessary and utilize them in a big data project
• How to analyze large datasets to get insights and make business decisions
• Students in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems & Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics and related scientific disciplines who want to have a successful career in this field
• Fresh graduates who wish to launch a career in data science
• Working professionals who want to work in this emerging area
• Professionals who want to keep up-to-date with the latest developments in this field
• Some knowledge of basic statistics is required
• A working knowledge of a high-level computer programming language is desirable
This two-day bootcamp will be structured as follows:
• Day 1 (December 2: 10AM – 4PM): Practical introduction to some of the most common programming languages such as Python used in data science, common multivariate statistical techniques used to visualize high-dimensional data
• Day 2 (December 9: 10AM – 4PM): Conceptual introduction to the ideas behind turning data into actionable knowledge, Data Capture, Data Cleansing and Basic Exploratory Analysis, Machine Learning, SVM, Deep Learning, Tensor Flow.
Since we have a limited number of seats available, please register early to reserve your spot!
Registration Link: https://tieeco.org/event/data-science-boot-camp
Early Bird Special ends Nov 25, 2017
• TiE Members: $149.50
• Non-Members: $299
After Nov 25, 2017
• TiE Members: $199.50
• Non-TiE members: $399
Just go to the following website